MyChoicePad is an educational iPad app that uses Makaton symbols and signs to enable choice and communication for adults with learning or communication difficulties. Fitting in and being cool is high on the agenda as a young adult and for the not so young. Using an iPad with MyChoicePad ticks both boxes. Great for building independence and confidence through improved communication.
How MyChoicePad Helps
MyChoicePad is empowering! On the path to independence it can help out with building confidence to communicate and making requests. Provide easy access to expression and choice through the use of symbols or inserting your own photos
- No more laminating symbols!
- Insert and take your own photos
- Great for reminding yourself of signs and learning new ones
- Help with memory and recall
- Build vocabulary and understanding
Start by watching the introduction video to give you a flavour of what’s possible.
1. Free – MyChoicePad Lite. Download the free iPad version via iTunes Appstore.
2. The full version of MyChoicePad for £74.99 via the iTunes Appstore.
3. If you don’t have an iPad and need some extra support take a look at our iPad packages starting from £599 plus VAT.
Learning How to Use MyChoicePad
1. Start by watching the tutorial videos and our getting started videos. For supporting material you want to print off, visit out free downloads area for a light manual.
2. Once you’ve mastered the core vocabulary it will be time to move onto getting additional vocabulary through the in-app purchase area. Watch these videos to get an idea of the learning activities you can do to build up communication skills.
3. At this point you may feel you want to do some really focused work on MyChoicePad and get creative to help develop certain communication skills. Go to our online training area to get your fix!
Share Your Knowledge
If you’re feeling pretty confident and you are becoming something of an expert on MyChoicePad, you might be interested in helping others get to this stage – if so – sign up to become a MyChoicePad trainer!