A combination of signs and symbols can help early language development by supporting memory, recall and visual learning - creating a much longer lasting impression than a word. From 18 months to teens, kids and their families are seeing some amazing improvements in language, communication, social skills and behaviour.
How MyChoicePad Helps
It can be used to initiate choice and help with routine, build vocabulary and also for learning through play – all done together as a family.
- We understand words before we can express ourselves and learning signs helps with early expression
- Build vocabulary and understanding
- Great for reminding yourself as a parent of signs and learning new ones
- Build early literacy skills aided by symbols
Start by watching the introduction video to give you a flavour of what’s possible.
1. Free – MyChoicePad Lite. Download the free iPad version via iTunes Appstore.
3. If you don’t have an iPad and need some extra support take a look at our iPad packages starting from £599 plus VAT.
Learning How to Use MyChoicePad
1. Start by watching the tutorial videos and our getting started videos. For supporting material you want to print off, visit our free downloads area for a light manual.
2. Once you’ve mastered the core vocabulary it will be time to move onto getting additional vocabulary through the in-app purchase area. Watch these videos to get an idea of the learning activities you can do to build up communication skills.
3. At this point you may feel you want to do some really focused work on MyChoicePad and get creative to help develop certain communication skills. Go to our online training area to get your fix!
Share Your Knowledge
If you’re feeling pretty confident and you are becoming something of an expert on MyChoicePad, you might be interested in helping others get to this stage – if so – sign up to become a MyChoicePad trainer!