MyChoicePad is great on a one to one basis and in groups as a teaching and learning tool for building communication skills, language acquisition and development and is priceless when it comes to helping with signing skills.
How MyChoicePad Helps
Think of MyChoicePad not just as a tool to help individuals but also for use in group activities and as a teaching tool for yourself.
- No more laminating symbols!
- Great for reminding yourself of signs and learning new ones
- Speeds up learning and understanding of new words
- Builds the first steps to literacy
- Promotes sharing and turn taking - vital communication skills!
- Increases focus and attention skills
- Gives the confidence to initiate communication and make requests
Start by watching the introduction video to give you a flavour of what’s possible.
1. Free – MyChoicePad Lite. Download the free iPad version via iTunes Appstore.
2. The full version of MyChoicePad for £74.99 via the iTunes Appstore.
3. If you don’t have an iPad and need some extra support take a look at our iPad packages starting from £599 plus VAT and we also have classroom packs with FREE training!
Learning How to Use MyChoicePad
2. Once you’ve mastered the core vocabulary it will be time to move onto getting additional vocabulary through the in-app purchase area. Watch these videos to get an idea of the learning activities you can do to build up communication skills. Take a special look at our National Curriculum ideas video – it will really give you some food for thought!
3. At this point you may feel you want to share MyChoicePad with other classes and integrate it across the school. We can help you with this and provide you with some face to face training with our MyChoicePad experts onsite. Fill in this form and we’ll come and see you!
Share Your Knowledge
If you’re feeling pretty confident and you are becoming something of an expert on MyChoicePad, you might be interested in helping others get to this stage – if so – sign up to become a MyChoicePad trainer!